Understanding the trends around waste production and management is critical for creating a sustainable future. To be able to understand these trends, it is important that we are aware of how to capture waste data efficiently.
Webinar length: This webinar session ran for approximately 40 minutes.
Format: Simon and Darren discussed current industry issues, the importance of capturing data and started to touch on how organisations might be able to capture data more efficiently. Attendees were given the chance to ask questions during the webinar and were asked to start thinking about how they would answer the following questions:
- How many circular economy organisations are there in your council ecosystem?
- How do you measure waste generation?
- Do you have an ‘inputs’ based collections contract with meaningful and measurable KPI’s?
- Who is responsible for reporting recycling and recovery rates to your community?
- What proof do you have that these reports are accurate?
- Do you know what reporting your community wants and how do these reports change behaviour?