The leadership team within Council has numerous responsibilities, with local government services covering a vast array of areas across their communities. From infrastructure, community services, health services, building services, planning and development, administration of facilities, cultural facilities to services such as water, sewerage and waste.
Waste facility management software for Mayors, Councillors, CEO & General Managers
As a Council Leader, what kind of challenges do you face in relation to the waste collection and management services delivered to your community? And how can our waste facility management software solve these challenges?
Local Government leadership ensures that the community operates efficiently and effectively. However, there are considerable risks involved across all aspects of local government operations, and your waste services are not immune.
Through the use of technology to capture data, a detailed understanding of operational activity can be achieved, and areas of risk identified and reduced.
- Fraud: Across the waste industry, it is estimated that fraudulent activity is present within 97% of organisations. From commercial operators using resident waste vouchers (in some cases as much as $80,000 over 3 months) to customers, suppliers, staff or contractors through deception or incorrectly recording chargeable or revenue-generating items (data source: waste 2019 conference). Mandalay’s waste facility management software for voucher management alleviates this issue.
- Security: The security of information across council is an area of increasing challenge and focus and the waste industry is not spared from such security risks. Data security compliance such as GDPR and maintaining secure account information should be key areas of focus. Mandalay provides DataSync and secure analytics and reporting to assist you with security and compliance issues.
- Project management: Often new technology changes how organisations operate, and new features may be involved that waste teams and Councils have not come across before. By working with a seasoned project manager, everyone involved can focus on their parts to deliver the best possible solution for the organisation.
- Change management: Ensuring the successful delivery of new technology through a review of business processes and ensuring staff are trained.
Contact the team at Mandalay for more information about measuring and reporting on the data being captured across your community’s waste services.
Tips on Waste for Council Leaders
- Listen to your Waste Leadership Team
- Offer personalised services
- View waste as an opportunity not a liability.
Don't Waste Money by Wasting Data
The Australian waste and resource recovery industry currently accounts for over $50 billion in the Australian economy per year.
Types of Fraud in Waste
Senior Consultant Lacey Webb discusses the most common types of fraud that are perpetrated in the waste management sector.